Panel: AI Education
- Wednesday, December 16th 2020, 18:00 - 20:00
Creating and retaining talent is one of the challenges that Romania, among other countries is having when talking about the development and adoption of artificial intelligence and other emerging technologies.
In December, together with our guests, we'll address this challenge in a panel-format meetup and learn what would be the right approach for AI education.
- Viorica Patraucean, originally from Straja, Suceava, currently working as a Research Scientist at Google DeepMind. Besides her research work, Viorica is involved in education projects that aim to improve access to education, being one of the main organisers of the EEML - Eastern European Machine Learning summer school.
- Adrian Iftene, Associate Professor and Dean at the Faculty of Computer Science Iasi, "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" University, involved in numerous research projects as a member or coordinator for both national and international projects and his domains of interests include artificial intelligence.
- Mirela Țibu, Computer Science Teacher at "Grigore Moisil" Theoretical High School of Informatics, initiator and coordinator of CyLiis Workshops designed to stimulate students creativity and development of teamwork skills through STEM education.
- Adina Romanescu, Computer Science Teacher and Director at "Grigore Moisil" Theoretical High School of Informatics, promoter of creative and innovative education in the IT field with focus on Industry 4.0 and coordinator of a large number of Erasmus+ projects.
- Diana Lefter, MSc in Mathematics with 20 year experience in IT, founder of agileroo, a coding school for kids and teens where she implemented a program called "Machine Learning for Kids".